This fleece has a fitted cut, without being too close to the body. We recommend you wear a technical undergarment underneath, in direct contact with the skin, to be better protected from the cold. It is also designed to be worn just underneath our windproof / rainproof jackets.
Choose your usual size.
Fleece component: insulation provided by air
The purpose of the fleece component is to trap air thanks to the volume created by its texture (qualified as 'brushed' when it consists of loops); this air acts as a natural insulator, keeping the body warm.
Thermal insulation tests
We carry out 2 types of tests to measure the level of warmth of our fleeces:
- a fabric test
- a test on a thermal mannequin in a thermal chamber. We reproduce temperatures, wind (5km/h) and damp that you will encounter during the mountains on a 5 km/h walk.
These tests enable you to validate our design choices and the entire product then undergoes field tests.
We test the ageing of our hiking fleeces to guarantee their durability. We guarantee:
- resistance to abrasion caused by backpacks and moving arms, thereby delaying the emergence of pilling
- the strength of the seams
- the resistance of the fleece material after 5 washes (dimensional stability)
- colour fastness after washing, when exposed to UV light or on contact with perspiration.